CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 5, 2010

June... a camping, busy, birthday filled month


I know that I was being really good at the beginning of June with updating you, but I have failed.  I can't believe that June is over and done.  Thank goodness in some ways, and in other ways, I wish it could have lasted a little bit longer.  We were pretty busy with watching nieces and nephews, birthdays galore, our anniversary and top it off camping 2 weeks in a row.  BUT.... we had a blast as we were able to spend it as a family.


My sister-in-law had her baby at the end of May and to help out my mom and I watched her kids so that she could recover from her C-Section a little bit easier.  So my boys were excited to have their cousins over for a few days straight.  After that Corbin had his 3rd birthday!!!  I can't believe that Corbin is now 3 years old and acting so much older than his age.
After that we were able to go to Bryce Canyon with my mom and dad.  It was a GREAT trip!!! A very relaxing, do what you want kind of Trip!!  We played at the pool at my parent's hotel, went and saw all the sites up in Bryce Canyon, played back at our campsite and laughed.  What more could you ask for?!!?  Time spent with my family was very special to my this last month.  I got to do it a lot and enjoyed every minute of it.  Some may think that I would get tired of having my kids and my husband CONSTANTLY around me, but I beg to differ.  If anything else, it has brought us closer together and we have learned and taught each other many valuable lessons.


Playing in the tent.  It was really windy that first night.
First day at Rainbow point.
My boys!!                                                                                                Natural Bridge
 
        Cool stump we found and the boys thought it was fun!            Old Bryce Town---JAIL TIME!!!
 
  Cute pioneers, huh!!! hahaha                           Sitting around the fire!

     Papa and Hayden at Inspiration point!                                                           Roasting Marshmallows!

Those are just a smidge of the what I actually took!!  I didn't want to bore you with all my family photos so I just gave you a taste of it!!  Our next adventure was Father's day weekend!  Oh, did I mention Mat's birthday?  Well it was spent that first day in Bryce Canyon,  well the drive down to Bryce.  It was definitely a different birthday present for him.  When we got home it was Father's day weekend and we went up to his parent's home for a birthday celebration for his dad's birthday and all June birthdays.  It was nice to have ALL of Mat's family there, well, at least all his siblings were together.  Some of the nieces and nephews and son-in-laws were not there.  
 
 

 
After that fun filled weekend of family and friends! We headed off to Paris....... IDAHO!!!!  It wasn't as beautiful as Paris, France (from pictures I have seen), but definitely a little bit of heaven away from it all. We spent 3 days up there and out at Bear Lake, relaxing... who would complain about that... unless you were one of those that got really sunburned or eaten by the mosquitoes.  Other than that, I had a great time and the boys had fun playing with their Larsen cousins.  The Miller cousins don't like camping, but we still love them!!!
I was the designated photographer since everyone else either forgot their camera or their batteries for their camera had died.  So I had taken almost 400 photos in 3 days time.  While we were camping we ended up celebrating our 6th anniversary!  Mat's parent's felt bad that we were camping over the time of our anniversary, but I would rather be doing something like camping than possibly nothing at all since money is really tight.  So.... we spent it by going to the Lake and having dutch oven pizza for dinner with some yummy cobbler for dessert.  It was a really great day!!  My present for Mat was some quotes from songs that I thought described my love for him.  So I got this idea from a friend who did it for her husband on their anniversary, so thank you Tildie for the idea!!  What I did was take four songs that we both love and took exerts from them, pasted them onto some cute scrapbook paper, hole punched it and scattered them around in our luggage and places where he would be looking while we are camping, he still has yet to find 3 of them.  But I hope that he really likes it!!  

(There is a slideshow of pictures to show you coming soon!)

This last week of the 4th of July has still been crazy because it was Daxton's 5th birthday and it was his first birthday party.  It was a good birthday I think!! We kind of elongated the celebration for a few days I think because of it falling on the 4th of July weekend.  His birthday day was pretty laid back we just had homemade pizza, his favorite, for dinner, then I went to Eclipse with my Bunco girls!!!  (awesome movie) Then Thursday the first of July we had his birthday party!!!!  He had a slip and slide party and had a blast.  For Corbin's birthday we bought a new Buzzlightyear slip n' slide and they had a great time!!!  
After the party was over we headed up with our good friends Aaron and Chelsey to an OWLZ game for free!!!  It was great!  The kids had a good time and Corbin even got an official Pioneer League baseball from a staff member there.  He thought that was pretty cool!
My parents a couple of my siblings with their families headed to Idaho for my dad's side of the family, family reunion.  We were unable to go because of finances. (It would have been 4 weeks in a row of camping-- which is fine in my book, but the cost of gas would have killed us!)  So we spent the 4th at home with just our lil family!!!  We had a fun relay race in our backyard that Daxton beat us all at!  He's so fast!
Saturday we had a fairly relaxing day at home.  Got a few chores done around home and then we headed to what was a very empty Payson Park but great for us to have the boys just play without any worry.  We headed home after playing, napped and had a great dutch oven dinner with our friends, did fireworks and watched a movie on the garage.  Great day!!  Sunday was fairly relaxing as well.  We had my lil sis and her husband come over for dinner and then we headed to Memorial Park to listen to the band play and the Payson Chorale perform for the 4th of July!!!  Fun filled summer evening!  Great days to come in a few day with my family coming to Nephi Canyon to have a RICK LEE FAMILY REUNION!! 



0 comments: