CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Blessings come big and small!

So I feel like I need to let you know how much we were blessed in July!  We were able to be with our family a lot the last few months and we are so grateful that we are close enough to do that.  But this is not entirely about family. Mat and I were able to go to the Manti temple with our ward for ward temple day.  Since Provo was closed at the time the next available temple was Manti!!!  Which was awesome for us since we were married there 6 years ago.  Anyway, we were getting really excited and hoping the boys wouldn't get sick or have any injuries preventing us from going to the temple.  All was well and Mat and I took the boys over to my sisters to spend the night since we needed to leave by 7 am the next day.  So off we were to spend some time with ourselves.  YEAH!!!!  The next morning we got up bright and early and met the ward at the church and followed down.  We had a really good turn out about 20 people came!!  AWESOME!  We didn't carpool with anyone else because we wanted to go and walk around Snow College's campus and visit Mat's grandma in Fountain Green.  So we took a nice quiet drive down to Manti, got to the temple and hour before the next session started, which gave us ample time to think and ponder.  While we were pondering we noticed a girl that was receiving her own endowment and realized that we knew her.  It was our good friend's little sister and she was with her parents and grandpa along with her fiancé and his parents.  It was really cool. We were hoping that we would see our friends, but they weren't there, although our session was really full and it was amazing.  We were able to talk with the parents afterwards and it was just good to see them.  After that I was in the dressing room waiting to get into my locker and another lady saw me, recognized me and it was my little sister's friends from growing up.  She had just gotten married in the temple a month ago and was at her brother-in-law and sister-in-law's sealing.  It was soo cool!!!!  So we talked for a little bit and it was just awesome.  We then waited outside for all our ward members and followed each other over to a near by park to have lunch.  After lunch, and while our ward members were leaving I found some really good friends of ours from Logan which we hadn't seen for 5 years!!!!  We talked for awhile and found out they were living in Orangeville and some of Mat's family is from there and were actually there in Manti at the park.  So Mat ran over and talked with his Uncle Gordon and Aunt Carol. What a GREAT REUNION!!!  It truly felt like heaven that day where we were able to meet and be with old friends and family again!  I was on cloud 9 the whole day!  Mat and I were suppose to be there that day to see so many old friends that some have been over 5 years since we have seen them.
We then walked around Snow College's campus and it was great!  They have a new library there that looks like the Noyes Building!  BEAUTIFUL!!!!  Good memories were shared there at that dear college!

          I loved my roomies!!!  They were the best both years!  I was hoping to find some other pictures and I need to fix some around and get them a little bit better, but here are some of the memories of room 218!  Let the good times roll!

0 comments: