CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Much to be thankful for


My dad and I were able to go to Daxton's school for the Kindergarten Annual Thanksgiving feast.  It was way cute!  The kids were dressed up as Pilgrims and we, as parents and guests, were the Indians and they had feathers for us to put in our hairs.  It was fun.  We had a little dinner with rolls, turkey and carrots and olives.  Then yummy pies after.  The kids did a cute song called Children of Many Colors.  It was really cute and if I can figure out how to put it on the blog I want you to see it.

But at this time of year I just want to write down a few things that I'm thankful for this year.  (sorry if it gets cheesy).... I'm thankful for....
1) My loving husband who has done so much for me, with being with me when I've been sick or to emotionally help me through some pretty big struggles physically and mentally this year.
2) My boys.  Even though they can drive me a little crazy and get into things and destroy things so quick, they also have soft hearts, warm hugs and great kisses that just melt ya.
3) The outdoors.  This year we were able to do a lot of camping with friends and family and go to many different parts of the state.  I'm thankful for the wonderful creations that God has given us to all look at and appreciate.
4) Answers to prayers.  I just want to testify that our Heavenly Father answers prayers in many different ways and He knows our needs.  Hence, why we are moving to Logan and Mat will be able to finish school and hopefully me as well.
5) My health.  I know that that may sound a little weird since my health has been up and down, but I'm still here and kickin' and I'm grateful that I can still function.
6) The priesthood.  It has helped me to get through the tough physical stress put upon me, especially the last few months and given me that added boost.  I'm grateful that Mat is worthy to hold the priesthood.
7) Temples.  I'm been blessed to be able to go the last 2 Saturdays with friends and family.  It's been so nice to be reminded of the many blessings we have been given and renew those covenants with my Father in Heaven.

I hope there are a few things that you have been thankful for this year and take the time to write them down and remember them.

0 comments: