CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 8, 2010

Abundance of Strength and Hope in Life's Journey

As I have been getting things ready for our family to move in the next month or so I find this abundance of strength helping me, and pushing me along, and I wanted to share this article I found on Time Out For Women that totally describes how I feel and it was amazing and hope you find a little bit of peace and joy in your journeys of life.


Natalie
Natalie Nyman
October 19, 2010
I look through my to-do lists and see evidence of the roles I play and the absence of the roles I want. There are articles to read, errands to run, sisters to visit, laundry to do, papers to write, spinning classes to attend, and scriptures to study. There are family members who need love, friends who need support, and decisions to make about dating. From the moment I wake until the time when my head returns to its pillow, life is constantly in motion. Sometimes I look at the schedule and post-it notes and paper reminders of goals I've set and feel like the apostles asked to feed the 5000. There is not enough time, not enough energy, not enough me. I look in the mirror and then back at my planner and wonder if the tasks of the day, week, month or year will ever translate into who I want to see in my reflection.
In these moments I find comfort in the life and example of my Savior. The Redeemer of the World, the Chosen Messiah, the Christ- my Perfect friend - had a moment of mortality when His cross was too heavy. Until He could carry it again, an unknown man shouldered His burden. I think of this man, of the privilege it would have been to serve the Savior between the bitter cups of Gethsemane and Calvary. And then I think of those who have likewise seen me struggling to carry my load and who have silently and tenderly walked with me, bearing my burden until my strength returned.
I remember family members, friends, teachers, and even strangers coming to my rescue in these times of need, people who understood and lived the covenants taught on the banks of the waters of Mormon. Truly, their hearts had internalized the principles of bearing others' burdens and mourning with those that mourn. But ultimately, I discover hope in knowledge born of experience and testimony that my Perfect friend, Jesus Christ, walks with me. He waits for me to drop my cross at His feet and pick up His yoke. "Even as He calls us to come to Him and follow Him, he is unfailingly running to help us. However halting our steps are toward Him -- though they shouldn't be halting at all -- His steps are never halting toward us" (Elder Holland, "Come Unto Me" April 1998 Ensign).
As I have run to Him, I have felt Him at my side, fulfilling promises uttered in ancient and modern times. I find hope not in my own capacities and successes, but in the realization developed over time that there is no righteous journey I embark on alone.

0 comments: