CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A wonderful weekend!

I had an awesome weekend. It was fun to be with my boys for the weekend. So on Friday my sister Apryl and her family came over to decorate cookies and have dinner with us. Well for dinner we had something that I haven't had before but have been told that it was really good. I finally tried......Salmon. It wasn't too bad. Oh, for those of you who don't know I don't like fish. Unless it is seasoned just right or if it is fish and chips at Chuck-A-Rama, other than that I won't eat. I think it is because I had to gut a fish when I was little and that just grossed me out ever since. Anyway, I tried it and it wasn't too bad, but I don't think that I would eat it very often. But we had fun decorating the cookies. Daxton and Corbin decorated cookies for their primary teachers and we were told that they were really good. I used Mat's mom's recipe and they are TO DIE FOR!!! Oh, and my sister made the frosting and that just topped them off. It was fun. After dinner we got all the kids into pjs and we, as adults, played a game and it was a lot of fun. I think the game is called Celestial Companions. It was fun to see how well I really know Mat and how well he knows me.
On Saturday Mat and I got reservations to Tucanos. We were leaving the two older boys with my dad and we took Hayden with us. We had a really good time. We ended up getting in half an hour after our reservation time which is really good considering it was Valentine's Day and they were really busy. We were so full by the time we left Tucanos. The special for that day was all you can eat for 15.95 and we were really excited. Along with that every girl was given a rose and everyone was given chocolate covered strawberries and they were really good. It was so nice to be with Mat and spend that time with him without the other two older boys. Hayden was really good for us. He ended up waking up but wasn't fussy at all for us. It was really nice. After our really fullfilling lunch we went home and played with the boys and that night we were having a sitter come and watch the two boys again so that we could go dancing. So we made pizza with the boys and Mat and I were so full still from lunch that we didn't eat much but it was really good. We got the boys into bathes for church the next day and then our sitter came. Our stake was doing a Valentine's dance. Although it was not advertised very well. Mat was told in Elders Quorum but I wasn't told in Relief Society. We thought that we would try it out and see how many people were going to be there and then decide from there what we wanted to do. This was the first time that Mat and I had danced together since we got engaged 5 years ago. I know 5 years ago we had gotten engaged and we went to the Sweetheart dance at the Institute. That was the last public dance that we went to. Soooo...... I really wanted to go and check out the dance with our stake. However, when we walked into the church there were not very many people there, but who is at the start of a dance. We waited it out and then some dance teachers came and taught us all how to cha-cha, waltz and swing. IT WAS SOOOOO MUCH FUN!!!! Hayden ended up falling asleep, thank goodness, and Mat and I were able to dance the rest of the night without any worries. I haven't had that much fun with Mat dancing in a long time. Mat says that we need to take a dance class, but I don't know where we need to go to do that in our area. If anyone knows please let me know. After we had our lessons with the teachers we danced for a little bit longer and then we went and got a movie and came home. I was excited that it took me awhile to finally calm myself down to go to bed. I had such an exhilarted feeling. That was the best day of this year so far. It was so much fun. I'm not the best dancer but I sure did try my hardest. I hope that you all had a good Valentine's Day. I am so excited to go to the Draper Temple in a few weeks with my family and to spend that time with them. Love you all! Have a great day!

0 comments: