CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 29, 2009

The holidays....!!!

I hope that you all had a great, filling weekend with your family. I will have to tell you this that I had a great time with my family on both sides and ate WAY too much food.

We had a great semi-relaxing weekend. We were able to go to Mat's parent's home on Thursday on Thanksgiving Day and spend most of the day with them. We came home later that night and just relaxed and watched Polar Express with the boys.

Friday we were able to just stay home, get up some of the Christmas decorations and get ready for my family Christmas Bingo party that night. My brother Jared and his family were able to come down for the weekend and we had a great time that night. My mom started an old tradition that my grandma did when I was younger and have a Christmas Bingo party and I loved it as a kid and now I get to see my kids enjoy and have fun getting a few presents from their Mama!! It was a crazy night, but that's what you get when you fit 31 people into my parent's tiny house, but it sure was full of laughter and smiles. We also played games as adults while the kids were playing with each other. It was a great night! We didn't go to bed until late, but we had a wonderful time with family we don't see that much.

Saturday we were going CRAZY!!! On my side of the family we get together with my mom's side of the family and have a great big Thanksgiving together. My mom usually gets some of the food together and have it all ready, but she was called into work when she wasn't suppose to and went anyway. So..... that left me and Mat and my dad to finish the stuffing, gravy, ham and the turkey along with the salads that we made. We finished cooking them, putting them together, put them in our car and over to the church in Mapleton. I was about to cry and was very frazzled, but Mat was there to calm me down and we got it done and it turned out really well. We ate more food and had a great time getting together with family. We also had a great TURKEY BOWL!!!! Mat was able to play this year without hurting himself... YEAH MAT!!!! Now he is really sore, but he had a great time. I was able to watch some of the game, but then went back inside to visit with family..... for a little bit before going to watch.... the big DUEL!!!

Yes we are big BYU fans.... and sometimes UTAH, but ..... BYU ALL THE WAY!!! We had DVR'd it and wow... what a game. It was a crazy house again because we were all back over to my mom's house and the kids had a great time playing with their cousins. We sure got our fill with food and family.

Tonight we are going to Temple Square to see the ligths with my brother Jared and his family before they head back up to Idaho. We are so excited. Corbin has been asking when the next time he can go to the temple with Mat and I. He gets upset when we go to the temple and he isn't able to come, but today he got REALLY excited!!! We love going up to see the lights. It's been one of our traditions since we moved back from Logan.

Hope that you all have had a great weekend and are getting just as excited as I am for the holidays! I love this time of year! Happy Holidays!!!

0 comments: