CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 28, 2009

A spiritual weekend!

So I know that I should have posted about this earlier in the week, but it's been crazy. Last weekend we had an awesome weekend. We were able to go to the temple with my sister and her husband on Saturday and do a live endownment. We actually knew a few people in the session. It was fun to see the new missionaries all excited to be going through and it was really nice to just relax in the temple. I love going to the temple and wish that I could go more often, but it is so hard when we have young children at home. But I sooo needed to be there. Afterwards, my sister Apryl and I went shopping for a little bit and found some good buys at Susie's Deals in Provo. Later that evening we were able to go to my brother Josh's home and have dinner and play games with them and a few of my other siblings. It was much needed to get together as siblings and let the kids play with their cousins.


The next morning was kind of crazy trying to get the kids over to my sisters in Santaquin and me back at the church before 8:30am for the Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple Dedication, but we made it and the kids were great for my sister. Mat and I went to the morning session while Apryl watched the kids and we watched her kids while they went to the afternoon session. It worked out perfectly. Anyway, when I got to the church they were having technical difficulties and were possibly going to be moving us to another stake center for us to participate in the dedication, but we had faith that things would work out and they would get full sound. 15 minutes till the dedication was to begin and everything was working perfectly. It was an amazing session. The speakers talked to both the adults as well as the kids that were in attendence, and told all of us to always work towards going to the temple, either continually going or as a main goal to go in someday. It was a very uplifting and gratifying event. One of the funny parts was when President Monson was talking about Pres. Utchdorf after he had just finished speaking and mentioned that they walked in a 747. Pres. Monson said that Pres. Utchdorf knew every bolt in the plane and was talking about each part of the plane and what he would do and ended up at the cockpit where he said, "And this is where I sat." And Pres. Monson said, "Don't do it Dieter! Don't do it!" as Pres. Utchdorf looked like he was ready to have it take off. And then Pres. Monson said, " And he obeyed and listened to the prophet." It was so funny, especially since it was right before the dedicatory prayer.
I am so thankful that I am apart of this gospel and church. It is very gratifying to know who I am, where I came from and what part I am in the Lord's plan. I'm thankful for the power of prayer and the priesthood. I love the temples so much and am grateful that my family can and will be together forever.

0 comments: