CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Update February!

Life has been a roller coaster ride the past fews weeks.  There has been so much that has gone on and so much that I have personally learned.  So the 2nd week of January Mat and I started our Spring Semester.  I am taking 9 credits and Mat is taking 7.  I didn't think it was going to be a really hard semester, but it is going to be very hands-on and intense, and I'm only taking 9 credits.  It doesn't help that I also have kids and their carpool groups to figure out that makes it that much more demanding on my time.  But I have loved being a part of my kids schooling, even if it's picking them up from school and taking them there.  They know that I love them, and want what's best for them in their education.  Anyway, I have also changed my major from Geography Teaching with an ESL minor..... TO......... Geography with an emphasis and Geographical Analysis and Bioregional planning with a GIS minor.  I'm so excited to be doing something that I really love.  I was not a big fan of teaching, and I feel really bad that no one in my family or Mat's family is going into teaching.  I know my in-laws were looking forward for someone to pass it on, but I learned that I can't please them and not do something that I really love.  It also helps me finish a little bit sooner.  Rather than Spring 2014, I now have a goal of Spring 2013!!!!!  It was nice to cut off a full year of schooling and be done and at least have one parent home a little bit more than it has been the last little bit.
Mat got a JOB!!!!  He was hired on to work at Crystal Inn to work in the kitchen.  Since he has classes in the morning he works in the evening from 4-8 and basically warms up the food and is the cook/server/hostess.  He really enjoys the job, even though the hours are not in one block of time (because they don't serve lunch), but other than that he loves the people he works with and the atmosphere is good, and Mat gets along with people so easy that he loves this job.  He started work 2 weeks ago and he hoping that it continues to work well with his school schedule.
We have just been busy with our own little projects that we haven't been able to do much as a family and at times it feels very overwhelming, but I know that this is where we are suppose to be, in Logan going to Utah State, and that this time will be but a small moment and we will move on, but have learned so much from this experience.  We have grown so much over the last year.  (Which is hard to believe that we have been in Logan for over a year).
I wish that I could tell you more, but my boys are getting hungry.  I will have to tell you more about a Sacrament meeting talk that really helped my family out and maybe it will help your families out too. Have a fabulous Sabbath day! :)

0 comments: